About a year ago I realized that the age 30 was just around the corner. Now, I understand that 30 is still young, but it is also a milestone age in which you start to think about where you are in life, what you have done, and where you are headed.
As I started to approach 30, I wanted to create a list to chase after and have some fun and great accomplishments before that age. So, on January 10, 2011 I sat down and drafted my “30 before 30” list. Since then, I have let it sit in a file folder on my computer and not done much with it.
By chance I have completed two tasks on the list, but I am making this list public to get encouragement and connections to help me make this a reality. Over the next two and a half years I will be posting blog posts about my adventures to accomplish these tasks. I hope you will join me on the journey. Its going to be fun and we are going to get this done!
Plant a Garden Learn to Wakeboard
- See the Grand Canyon
- Read the Bible all the way through start to finish
Run a half marathon
- Stay at my ideal body weight for a steady 6 months to create a habit
- Go on a foreign mission trip with my wife – outside of Brazil
- Invest in an individual stock on the stock market
- Learn to Roast my own coffee
- Take my parents on a trip (coming September 2013)
Take my son fishing
- Read a Tale of Two Cities because I skipped through this in High School
- Go see the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra
- Take a Vacation in Georgia (City, Mountains, and Coast)
- Learn to use Final Cut Express which I bought in 2009
- Visit Montana during the summer
- See a show in the Metropolitan Opera House in New York City
- Meet the current US President or a Former US President
- Write a letter to myself to open on my 40th birthday
- Write a letter to my son to open on his 18th Birthday
- Learn how to ride a motorcycle
- Financially support someone else to go overseas on a mission trip
- Leave a waitress a 100.00 tip with a note encouraging to pass on a good deed
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen
- Learn to make fresh bread
- Develop the habit of a weekly date night with my wife
- Sit down and talk with a CEO of a large corporation (other than Chick-fil-A)
- Eat at a Fine Dinning restaurant where I have to think really hard about which fork to use.
- Sponsor a child through Compassion or World Vision
- Get my “body age” to at least 20 determined by a physical assessment
Leave your comment below to add to the list – I am excited to share my journey with you all!